Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rebuilding Together Indianapolis ~ Game Day 2011 Event

One of the things I love about being a photographer is taking part in community events.  I think it's important to give back, to live with purpose, to contribute to the world around us.  Truthfully, we can all do something and every little bit helps.  

I was truly honored to be part of the Game Day 2011 Event for Rebuilding Together Indianapolis that was held Saturday, April 30th.  Over 600 volunteers revitalized 19 homes on the city's Near East Side.  It was a gorgeous sunny day and the feeling of community was palpable.  "Many hands make light work"...the philosophy that permeates the organization and heard repeatedly that morning.  I'm so thankful to have taken part and I'm already looking forward to next year.    





















No comments:

Post a Comment