Thursday, June 30, 2011

light, lines, reflections, & poetry

light cascading down the stairwell was the first thing that caught my attention…
followed by the lines and curves of the space…
stillness...
the  subtle sound of water flowing...
reflections...
I stood motionless soaking it in. 

I love exploring our city and usually I’m drawn to the city streets downtown.
I like the sound of a city street….the rhythm of it.    
On this afternoon, however, I wandered the campus of (CTS) and found myself wrapped in a different beauty.  Tranquil and lovely....and I heard a different rhythm....that of my soul.










"In the beginning (in the beginning of time to say the least) there were the compasses.  Whirling in void their feet traced out beginnings and endings, beginning and end in a single line. Wisdom danced also in circles for these were her kingdom. The sun spun, worlds whirled, the seasons came round, and all things went their rounds; but in the beginning, beginning and end were in one.

And in the beginning was love.  Love made a sphere, and all things grew within it.  The sphere then encompassed beginnings and endings, beginning and end.  Love had a compass whose whirling dance traced out a sphere of love in the void; in the center thereof rose a fountain."

Morning by Robert Lax (from Circus of the Sun)


2 comments:

  1. seriously, woman.
    the way you captured that light, i can see why it would draw you in. beautiful images. the processing just highlights the images perfectly.

    how's that new camera?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow laura! incredible work....incredible you!!! xox

    ReplyDelete