Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Getting the hang of it...

Film.  I thought it would be so much easier to learn.  Instead, it's been challenging.  It's been frustrating.  It's been humbling.  I can't tell you how many times I've walked into Robert's Imaging downtown to have one of the technicians shake his head no....no dice...nothing on the roll....zip...nada.  I hang my head.  I gather my ego up from the floor.  I buy two more rolls of film.  And I walk out the door committed to trying again.  I've nearly given up on my mother's Pentax a hundred times...or rather, I've nearly given up on myself.  Thanks to advice and patience from good friends, I think maybe I'm getting the hang of it...maybe.  I picked up my first decent roll yesterday.  This was the first image that popped up....my son smiling.  I'm in love, instantly.      


2 comments:

  1. beautiful! I'm so glad this roll turned out for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! This photo alone was worth it! Can't wait to see what else gets developed!

    ReplyDelete