Sunday, October 23, 2011

Apple pie love....

Inspired by: Kristin ~ mainemomma

This past week, I baked my first pie from scratch using a recipe from The Pioneer Woman ~ Dreamy Apple Pie.  I'm not going to lie....rolling out the pie dough for the crust was brutal.  I knew it would take effort, but I had no idea it would be that tricky.  I broke it three times trying to move it into the pie plate.  In the end, I made my daughter look the other way and I just sort of man handled it.  I'm pretty sure that's not a kitchen term, but it's what happened.  Note to self....work on pie skills : )  

I put it into the oven without much hope and then out popped this little beauty with a golden crust.  I was reminded of my friend Kristin's words, "every pie is perfectly imperfect."  How true...And this was incredibly delicious, if I do say so myself.  I left out the pecans & hard sauce and loved it still.  Next up....pumpkin??









2 comments:

  1. looks good to me! and I am just amazed that you stopped to take photos along the way. :)

    ReplyDelete