Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Week of No Color

My good friend and photographer Erika Ray recently challenged us to A Week of No Color.I always love a good black & white photo, so it wasn't difficult to persuade me to play along.  After reading this, I was even more excited and eager to join.  There's something to be said for black & white photography and the feeling it evokes.  In my opinion, not every photo works well in black & white or sepia tones.  Some photographs simply scream for color.  In contrast, I like the way black & white can turn down the volume and quietly convey the mood.  Yesterday marked the end of our Week of No Color and I'm feeling a little sad about that. It was a fabulous week that left me feeling even more passionate about black & white.  I'm glad so many photographers joined in the fun!  Thank you Erika!      










2 comments:

  1. You are welcome! Now go & join 52 Weeks, would ya!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite as always, lady. I like the cafe shot in particular.

    ReplyDelete